Self Harm & Suicide Prevention Plan
We have updated our Self Harm & Suicide Prevention Plan. Here is an overview.
The vast majority of groups and organizations working in this area are focused on suicide awareness which is desparately needed. A smaller number of groups and organizations are focused on suicide prevention as it pertains to an existing mental health crisis. We applaud these groups and organizations and the vital work they do, and work with them to further the cause of suicide prevention. Our primary self harm and suicide prevention efforts, however, are targeted to the K-12 population in an attempt to avoid the mental health crisis to begin with. The high level overview of our plan is as follows:
- The introduction of Life Behavioral Skills Training (LifeBST) as a part of the K-12 curriculum
- Age appropriate LifeBST taught to students in public and private schools
- Work with existing scholastic publishing organizations to reinforce LifeBST concepts
- Training and online resources for teachers at each age group
- Training and online resources for school administrators and counselors
- Online resources and education for parents
- Resources and support for parents of children suffering from self harm, suicidal ideation, and Borderline Personality Traits
- Resources and support for faculty, administrators, and counselors who work with children suffering from self harm, suicidal ideation, and Borderline Personality Traits
- Resources and support for the community as a whole
- Awareness resources in association with other organizations engaged in suicide awareness
- Grief counseling and support in association with other organizations that offer these services. Families Renewed will offer grief counseling and support where existing resources do not exist.
Thursday, May 20 2021, 18:17